My Suicide Rant (revised)

By Six-Out

Suicide.

It’s a touchy subject it seems. People can say how great it is, but if you mention it being bad even once, you’re labeled ‘insensitive’ or ‘evil’. Funny that very few people see that as wrong. It’s as if death is the new fad, and if you disagree, you’re just not cool. Well, my friends, I think that this logic is off, and something needs to be done about it.

I’ve decided to revamp, and repost my thoughts on this subject. I’ve toned down a few parts, so as to not offend too many people (like I care), but it seems that no one can take anyone else’s opinion and let them think what they want. I have just as much a right to protest this, as do those who praise it. If you don’t like what’s being presented, here’s a warning. DO NOT READ. These are my thoughts, not yours, if you don’t agree, that’s fine. But don’t expect me to feel sorry because you find what I feel to be not right.

Here is my rant on suicide:


It annoys me when I constantly hear people say that life sucks. I hear people say they have no reason to live, they have seen the worst, life is nothing more than suffering, and they should end it, via knife on arm, or some other method of stupidity. The really funny thing is, no one ever has any real reason as to why they think that their life is any worse than anyone else’s. Of course, that doesn’t matter, because a bad mark in school or a lost love at the age of 15 is plenty of reason to kill one’s self. In case you didn’t catch it, that was dripping with sarcasm.
I’d like to hear one person give me a logical reason as to how suicide could be good. That will never happen, because there is no good reason to kill yourself. As much as people would like to believe there is, and that maybe there really is NO reason to go on, that’s not the case. No one can tell me factually, that there is no reason to live. That death is better than life. Sure, we can guess, but guessing only counts when you’re trying to be wrong. When someone can sit me down, look me in the eye, and give me one good reason that being dead is better than being alive, I’ll never speak against it again. Until then, I’ll continue.

What I believe, and I don’t really care if you disagree because I won’t change, is that suicide is weak. People try to argue this saying that suicide actually takes strength to go through with it, and all that jazz. Well, let me tell you something, as far as taking strength, no. Strength is staying strong, hence where the word comes from, and actually making it through life. Strength is not giving up when something goes wrong, and not trying to take a cheap way out of the one good thing we have. Weakness, on the other hand, is taking the easy way out. Weakness is giving up. Therefore, suicide is weak. Suicide is giving up on life. Suicide is not having the guts, not having the strength to overcome the obstacles that are set before each of us, and actually sticking with something. Sure, life may seem pointless at times, but what is death? I fail to see any point in that.

And now from the weakness, we go to the weak. The people who actually go through, or attempt to, with this atrocity. Now this is the part that will probably offend the most people. But I’m saying it anyways. Those who commit, or attempt to commit suicide, are weak. The act is weak, and it takes an even weaker person to go through with it. I fail to see how someone can think that their life is so much worse than anyone else’s that they have to pull a trigger and put an end to it. And I know, I’ll hear countless stories of ‘you don’t know what I’ve been through’ and ‘you don’t understand unless you’ve been there’. Well, I do know what you’ve been through, and I do understand, because I have been there. I know what it’s like to feel that it’s all for nothing, yet I still sit here and say what I say. So again, suicide is weak, and the people who try it, are even weaker.

And that’s that. My thoughts, for all of you to tear apart. I’m waiting for someone to prove me wrong, please. Since apparently so many hated me after the first incarnation of this post, I want to know why, besides the obvious ‘you’re right, so I hate you because I’m dumb’ of course.

Unauthorized Copying Is Prohibited. Ask the author first.
Copyright 2004 Six-Out
Published on Sunday, July 18, 2004.     Filed under: "Comedy" and "Rant"
Log In or Join (free) to see the special features here.

Comments on "My Suicide Rant (revised)"

Log in to post comments.
More comments: continue
  • ShadesOfGrey On Monday, September 10, 2012, ShadesOfGrey (23)By person wrote:

    I love this! I have attempted suicide once before I and completely agree with you. Suicide is the cowards way out. It's a harsh truth but a truth none the less.

  • Hydra On Monday, September 20, 2010, Hydra (16)By person wrote:

    Everyone is born into this world against their will. If at a certain point in life, a person decides the prospect of living a potentially long life is simply not something they are interested in, then they should freely be given the choice to depart. Life is not a competition. Just because everyone else has to endure it, does not mean you or I should have to, simply because everyone else is doing it. Isn't that what conformity is? I would guess you support a person's freedom to make any other choices according to their desires, except perhaps for committing crime. If a person wants to move to another country, you say fine, go do what you want, right? Like it or not, suicide is just one more choice a person gets to decide for themself.

  • RubyXero On Tuesday, April 15, 2008, RubyXero (577)By person wrote:

    i wanna read the non-revised version now. i'm sure that one was way more entertaining. :D

  • Mahakala On Monday, July 18, 2005, Mahakala (209)By person wrote:

    well here are my two cents *hands six two cents* ;P I honestly don't know what to think about suicide I may write about it but I don't believe in doing it but then on the other hand one of the doctors my mother sees told her that shes gonna be in pain (ph

  • Mahakala On Monday, July 18, 2005, Mahakala (209)By person wrote:

    (physical pain) for the rest of her life its just gonna gradually get worse until she decides to kill her self...and there is nothing they can do for her...so I am like phuck them theres gotta be a way...but anyways thats my two cents worth...

  • Ideas On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, Ideas (50)By person wrote:

    Is it weak when a person is HIV positive, there's no hope to be cured, is going downhill quickly, and suffering every moment of their existence? I do agree with you, but sometimes, like in my friends case, its the only thing that helped him.

  • ColdScaredAlone On Monday, October 18, 2004, ColdScaredAlone (90)By person wrote:

    okie dokie-- this is about the fifth time i've read this, and i agree more each time as i mature and all that good stuff.. but my question is what do you say to someone who replies "i don't care if i'm weak, i just want to die" or some stuff like that...?

  • ColdScaredAlone On Monday, October 18, 2004, ColdScaredAlone (90)By person wrote:

    (i have a friend moaning with self-pity and mentioning the subject of suicide and was going to link him to this poem, but thought not at the last minute)

  • A former member wrote: I agree!!!! It would be intersting to hear peoples reason to why they would commit suicide.

  • Soulseeker On Sunday, August 1, 2004, Soulseeker (109)By person wrote:

    I AGREE FULLY! To sit and talk about something like that just cries "pay me some attention"... I just think there are better ways to get someone to listen! Bethany

  • A former member wrote: thanks i read it... and it kind of helped... thanks again

  • SilentStalker On Thursday, July 29, 2004, SilentStalker (1091)By person wrote:

    ...wow, such controversy...well, in my rather fucked up opinion, the day you think it'd be easier to just end it all, just fucking do it...I mean, why tell others about it anyway...? Scholar

  • SilentStalker On Thursday, July 29, 2004, SilentStalker (1091)By person wrote:

    ...if you're looking for a reason not to, you have to give yourself that answer...it's not our fault if you're too damn stupid to find it...just don't bother us with the issue... Scholar

  • SilentStalker On Thursday, July 29, 2004, SilentStalker (1091)By person wrote:

    ...I get the newspaper...I'll be sure to save a clipping if I see your name...just so you don't feel forgotten, okay...alright, I think I'm done... -Darun Scholar

  • stormtalk On Thursday, July 29, 2004, stormtalk (735)By person wrote:

    You're saying it's never better to die than to live? How can you pass judgment on someone who was in a Nazi internment camp, someone tortured in a North Korean prison, etc.? What if death really is better for them?

  • Six-Out On Thursday, July 29, 2004, Six-Out (1481)By person wrote:

    Who's to say that the days won't get better?

  • KittyStryker On Saturday, July 24, 2004, KittyStryker (736)By person wrote:

    i think that honesty should never have to be revised or censored. and i don't feel this is directed to those who suffer in silence, but more towards those

  • KittyStryker On Saturday, July 24, 2004, KittyStryker (736)By person wrote:

    who whine and bitch about how awful their lives are, and how they cut all the time, and pain is the only beautiful thing in their lives.

  • inthewakeofshadows On Saturday, July 24, 2004, inthewakeofshadows (39)By person wrote:

    not all who cut want to die...

  • SilentStalker On Saturday, July 24, 2004, SilentStalker (1091)By person wrote:

    ...not all who want to die cut...what's your point...? Scholar

  • KittyStryker On Saturday, July 24, 2004, KittyStryker (736)By person wrote:

    if pain is what they're after, a smack to the head in a literal sense should be something they can morbidly enjoy in their martyred state. whatever.

  • Ravenblade On Tuesday, July 20, 2004, Ravenblade (323)By person wrote:

    six, YOU"RE THE MAN!!!!!!! I can't believe that people who would even try to argue would still read after the intro...loved it, keep it up, angering people is so much fun...maybe I'm just ignorant though

  • A former member wrote: I perhaps would not paint the picture in so harsh of terms, only because sometimes (and I stress sometimes) a soft word is better then a harsh hand when it comes to prevention, but overall I agree with the opinion expressed in this write.

  • Kfritz On Monday, July 19, 2004, Kfritz (12)By person wrote:

    ....we live to learn

  • Kfritz On Monday, July 19, 2004, Kfritz (12)By person wrote:

    I'm another in total aggrement with this piece...when you come so close to actually killing yourself at a very young, when you grow up its hard to understand how you could have been so blind to what an amazing future we can all have, in my opinion we liv

  • BleedSilver On Monday, July 19, 2004, BleedSilver (299)By person wrote:

    Suicide is just the wrong way out. But everyone knows I am nothing more than a tree-hugging hippie.~Mikey

  • A former member wrote: meh...it's six...

  • Six-Out On Monday, July 19, 2004, Six-Out (1481)By person wrote:

    Meh...it's Sharon...

  • Ravenblade On Tuesday, July 20, 2004, Ravenblade (323)By person wrote:

    meh its sharon and six

  • Deliverence On Sunday, August 8, 2004, Deliverence (621)By person wrote:

    meh it's sharon, six, and raven.

  • Raven On Thursday, September 23, 2004, Raven (305)By person wrote:

    meh, it's sharon, six, raven, kefka, and another raven...

  • Twilight On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, Twilight (1887)By person wrote:

    meh. boob! now that is a topic worth talking about...;)

  • SilentStalker On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, SilentStalker (1091)By person wrote:

    ...meh...who gives a fuck...? Scholar

  • Northstar On Monday, July 19, 2004, Northstar (387)By person wrote:

    but awesome--thought provoking piece nevertheless

  • Northstar On Monday, July 19, 2004, Northstar (387)By person wrote:

    "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy."

  • Northstar On Monday, July 19, 2004, Northstar (387)By person wrote:

    Recommended reading: "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus, from which the following quote is taken:

  • Northstar On Monday, July 19, 2004, Northstar (387)By person wrote:

    with life, its that they dont feel that they are good enough to go on living--many have a self esteem problem. The problem of suicide is very complex and I dont think this rant even scratches the surface.

  • SilentStalker On Monday, July 19, 2004, SilentStalker (1091)By person wrote:

    ...I think the reason behind this rant was to display an opinion, not go into the study of suicide...but feel free to educate us someday, lord knows we darkpoets need that...lol Scholar

  • Northstar On Monday, July 19, 2004, Northstar (387)By person wrote:

    interesting piece. I have never attempted suicide or anything along those lines--however I do know that yes--the people who commit/attempt suicide are "weak", however suicide/depression is anger turned inward--so often its not that they have an issue wit


How to Criticize Without Causing Offense
© 1998-2019 DarkPoetry LLC
Donate
[Join (free)]    [More Poetry]    [Get Help]    [Our Poets]    [Read Poems]    [Terms & Privacy]