Poet of the Week
The poet of the week is a special honor for higher ranking members who have distinguished themselves through their activities on DarkPoetry.
How to Be The Poet of the Week
Be really good and impress a lot of people, or talk a friend into nominating you. That's about it really.
If you are so chosen, you can expect a massive surge in readership during the week of honor.
How to Nominate The Poet of the Week
Your nomination will only be considered if it fits the following criteria:
- At the moment, only Full and Gold members qualify to be Poet of the Week.
- They have to consent to your nomination.
- They must have a picture of some sort and be willing to post it. It's a lot more likely that they'll be approved if the picture is of a human face belonging to them.
- You can't nominate yourself.
- Any member Postcard and up can nominate someone.
- Send a DPmail to DarkPoet with the subject being, "The Poet of the Week"
- Write up a short paragraph (50-60 words) about why they are special. Make every word count. Revise it at least 3 times: it will be shown to thousands of visitors on the main page of DarkPoetry, and any mistakes or badly chosen wording will result in a rejection, or if you're lucky, severe editing.
- Don't forget to tell DarkPoet whom you are nominating.
All nominations will be read and considered, and the winner will be posted prominently on the main page of DarkPoetry for a week.
The winner will be given an award badge that they can display on their profile indefinitely if they wish, similar to the Poem of the Day badge.