Poetry Contest: Why Do You Poetry Darkly?
Why Do You Poetry Darkly? Results
Grand prize: DC$ 24
Contest Creator: Skye
The rules were given as the following:
The rules are as follows:
1. I want you to explain, eloquently and poetically, why you are a dark poet. This can be an explanation of your love for the style or (and also, as well as) the reason you write 'darkly'.
2. This must be in a poetic form of some sort. Free writes, rants, a story.. any type of strict prose will not suffice. Adherence to poetic style, such as metering, structure, and form will be taken into account during judging.
3. Your work must be a new submission to the site. If it's something you've written in the past but have not published here, that is fine. It simply must not be a previously darkpoetry dot com published work.
4. Graphical art and audio art to go with the poem is fine, but at the core, the work being judged will be the poem itself.
5. A collaboration style poem will be accepted, but it can only be limited to two people so that the prize can be split evenly. Only one of the persons should submit, and the onus of splitting the ducats will be upon the poem submitter. This should be worked out before submitting by the collaborators.
Please let me know if there are any questions either in chat via PM or via DP Mail. Best of luck to you all, and I wish you all a happy new year.